Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sue me for neglect

Here are the recipes I've made and haven't told you about in the past month:

1. Chocolate Bundt Cake
2. Little Pear Friands
3. Lemon Lavender Tea Cakes

I'm sorry. I'm also super sick in bed, which is either the best excuse not to blog ever, or a terrible excuse since I have all this time...if it makes you feel better, staring at the computer screen is giving me a terrible headache. Also I can't get my photos on my computer without plugging my phone in, which I'm much too lazy to do right now. It's terrible, I know.

What is everyone up to this summer? Other than work I've been dashing all around town with my family and friends (although Mom was out of town this whole week). Last weekend I went to San Francisco for a friend's birthday and hung out in the park and on the Castro during pride celebrations. It was so epic! The park was jammed with people, mostly lesbians, who were waiting for the dyke march to begin. A girl right in front of us was wearing knit lederhosen and nothing else! Pride weekend is so wonderful here in San Francisco, there's a feeling of freedom with an edge of crazy and a big helping of positive energy. Participants are energetically reaching out and celebrating people's differences. There's nothing passive about this festival in San Francisco; it's loud and pushy and fabulous. Also, the costumes? Yeah, Epic.  I'm just sorry I missed the parade this year, especially since I heard the Backstreet Boys showed up!

What else have I done? Well my loyal partners-in-crime Mountaineer and Boy Scout bought us all tickets to see the Giants play the Dodgers in AT&T park in the city. My response when I opened my present was "awesome! I hate the Dodgers!!" We had a great time eating junk food and beer, and booing the Dodgers and their creepy fans. On the train home we had the misfortune to sit behind these "thugs" who were from our hometown (largely white, rich, upper-middle class). I am not joking when I tell you they were bragging about getting caught drinking in an elementary school playground and running from the cops. It was the most ridiculous piece of theatre I've ever witnessed in public.

There is always so much to do here! Even when I'm just watching TV or hanging around, there are things to look forward to and people to see, and an energy to life that was completely missing in Switzerland. Right now I'm a little too tired to look forward to the future, but when I'm not sick any more I'm looking forward to looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment