Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chocolate Bread

A while back (last June? July?) I made this bread, from David Lebovitz at The Sweet Life in Paris, one of my favorite bloggers (and tweeters. Seriously, this guy is funny). It was another of my summer "firsts," which also included pie, and a layer cake. Those turned out pretty well, and so did this. Well...I have to be honest, this wasn't my favorite recipe. While I love chocolate (and I do love chocolate) this bread wasn't dense enough; it was too crumbly, and the crust wasn't substantial. It wasn't quite bread, and it wasn't quite cake...oh, and it wasn't very good after the first day. Maybe I did it wrong? Anyway, I ate it right out of the oven with my partner in crime (I'm looking at you M.C.!) and it positively crumbled into bits as I tried to slice it. Right out of the oven it was pretty divine (with a bit of butter....) but it didn't improve from there. I'm willing to believe this was my error though, as David Lebovitz is a fabulous baker and surely knows things I do not :)

Here's the recipe, straight from the horse's kitchen: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/04/chocolate-bread-recipe/

And my version:




No comments:

Post a Comment