Friday, December 16, 2011

Muggings in DC

From Prince of Petworth

"Hi PoPville,
I was mugged tonight around 9pm on 11th St between Columbia Rd and Harvard St. A teenage boy dressed in all black with a black mask came up behind me. I heard footsteps getting closer so I walked from the sidwalk into the road/bikelane area but when he saw me do that he started running. I turned around and he put me in a chokehold. Two teenage girls (one in a yellow jacket, one in a periwinkle colored jacket) were trailing and grabbed my bags while the guy held me in the chokehold as I tried to fight back. I think they ran north on 11th, possibly down the alley on the west side of 11th between Columbia and Harvard. I called 9-1-1 and also was able to flag down a police officer who drove around the neighborhood but we did not see anything. 


I was not listening to music or on my phone. I was walking home from the Columbia Heights Metro after a work night meeting. I was aware of my surroundings and heard the guy approaching/sensed something was about to happen but could not do anything to stop it at that point. A heads up for others out and about in this neighborhood. 


If anyone sees a small brown leather purse, a yellow wallet, or the contents of my wallet (all cards have been canceled), please let me know.
Thanks,
Brooke"

This is LESS THAN TWO BLOCKS from where I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment