Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Get Away

I can't shake this anxious, closed-in feeling I've got right now. The twix I just ate didn't seem to help, although maybe some peppermint tea? Part of me wants to rent a car this weekend and drive somewhere remote. Or just drive and drive. Not that I monopolized my parents' car that much in California, but there were plenty of opportunities to drive down Alpine Road into Portola, and there was always the tantalizing promise of the beach just on the other side of the hills. Why is it I can never remember what I did to feel better that last time I was this anxious? Somehow staying in my pjs all weekend seems to be the worst idea of all.

I'd really just like to be someplace like this:


But do you ever find, even when you "get away," that you can't really get away from anything? 



No comments:

Post a Comment