Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Shameful Not-So-Secret

I am a feminist, sometimes rabidly so, and I can't imagine living...no wait, I can imagine a scenario in which I'm treated with absolutely no respect, but that's a different story. The point is, even though I am a feminist, I think I would have been really good at life say, 100 years ago. Why? First of all:

Because I would rock these dresses. Seriously. Also, I'm a hat person. Second of all, spending my days reading, arranging flowers, learning French and playing musical instruments would be my ideal life.

So today, when I would rather be living in a novel, this television show, or any other place other than the one in which I currently whine, I'm going to conveniently ignore all the crap that goes along with being a woman 100 years ago, and think about how nice it would be to have someone else pay for my life while I learn to play the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment