Friday, April 9, 2010

Things I found out when I got older

1. Broccoli can be good
2. There is such a thing as too many cookies with ice cream
3. Sometimes (sometimes) wearing comfortable shoes is worth it
4. Getting up early and running will do more for you than sleeping in another hour

That last one really stings...I don't want it to be true, but the proof is in the pudding. Yesterday I couldn't get myself out of bed to go running and I spent the day fuzzy-brained and tired, unable to concentrate on anything and feeling a little depressed. Today I got myself out of bed and ran (a rather slow) 5 km and I feel energized and focused.

I hate it when the grownups turn out to be right. It's such a downer.

1 comment:

  1. oy.. i feel ya.. trying to exercise in the morning is really difficult for me though! sometimes i get nauseous afterwards so i try working out at night instead :-/

    ReplyDelete