Friday, March 4, 2011

Egg Flower Soup

Last night I got home from work late. My stomach was raging, as was everything else. I got clipped by a biker on the way home! While walking on the sidewalk. Infuriating.

This is what I made for dinner to recover:

Egg Flower Soup


- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 eggs, whisked
-Garlic Salt, crushed pepper flakes and ginger to taste

In a medium pot, bring your chicken stock to a boil. While it's heating, add garlic salt, crushed red peppers and ground ginger. I keep ginger root frozen in the fridge so I grated some in the soup as well. After the stock has come to a boil bring it back down to a simmer and, in a light and steady stream, pour the whisked eggs into the middle of the pot while stirring in a circular motion, slowly and steadily. Keep stirring slowly for a couple of minutes to make sure it's all cooked. Pour in a bowl and slurp, thanking whatever powers that may be for pajamas, indoor heating and grey's anatomy on netflix instant watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment