Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Saturday in Lugano




















































Lugano is the most adorable, sophisticated, orderly and polite city one could ask for. Technically I live in a suburb called Viglio, so in order to get to Lugano I have to take a short train ride to the edge of the city. It’s so tiny (smaller than Palo Alto) that the walk into the center if town only takes a couple minutes from the train station. There is a little path that runs through some trees and past a church before it gets to a narrow cobblestone road leading right into the city center. This is a shot of the top of that road, taken from a little park next to the church.

It’s warm enough here that I can sit and enjoy a book before heading back up to the train to put my groceries away. I have grand plans to make chicken provençale. I miss you, friends! Wish you could join me for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment